Material 1.4435 stainless steel
The material 1.4435 is subordinate to the steel group of stainless austenitic steel. As a corrosion-resistant chromium-nickel steel with molybdenum content, the material 1.4435 has a very good surface quality. It can also be polished to a high gloss and has a high corrosion resistance. This makes the stainless austenitic steel interesting for applications in modern medical technology, the petrochemical and pharmaceutical industries, for example.
Below we give you an overview of the material 1.4435, which lists important information such as standards, properties and areas of application.
- Short name: X2CrNiMo18-14-3
- Wst. No. 1.4435 (stainless austenitic steel)
- DIN: EN 10028-7, EN 10088-1,-2,3,4,5, EN10216-5, EN 10217-7, EN10222-5, EN 10250-4, EN 10272, EN 10296-2, EN10297-2, EN10312
- AISI: ~316L
- UNS S 31603, Grade TP 316L
- Stock program: 1.4435 (Z3CND18-14-03 / 316L / S31603 / SUS316L / 316S11, 316S13)
- Maximum operating temperature: 500°C / 932°F
- Stainless steel alloy
- Non-rusting and acid-resistant
- High corrosion resistance (including intergranular corrosion)
- Stress corrosion resistant
- Suitable for low temperatures
- Very good suitability for welding
- Mediocre forgeability and machinability
- Air and water cooling possible
- Can be polished to a high gloss (suitable for medical devices)
Areas of application:
- Medical and pharmaceutical industry
- Chemical industry (dyes, urea, synthetic fibers)
- Electronic industry
- Oil Industry
- Petrochemical Industry
- Manufacture of synthetic fibers
- Pulp and paper industry
- Textile Industry
- Food processing
- Manufacture of fittings
Available product forms:
- Seamless tubes in stock dimensions
- Cut to length
- Individual cut
The material 1.4435 is usually supplied by us, MST Edelstahlrohr GmbH, as raw material. A cut to your storage dimensions and finished parts are possible.
Description of material 1.4435
The material 1.4435 belongs to the group of acid-resistant and rustproof austenitic steels. Due to its positive properties, such as high corrosion resistance and weldability, the austenitic steel can be used in a variety of industrial applications. These include, for example, the medical and pharmaceutical industry, chemical industry, petroleum industry, food processing and the pulp and paper industry.
The material 1.4435, also known as X2CrNiMo18-14-3 for short, is a corrosion-resistant chromium-nickel steel with a molybdenum content. The austenitic steel has a good surface finish and can be polished to a mirror finish. When forging workpieces, a temperature between 1180° and 950° degrees Celsius is required. You can cool the heated steel in air or in a water bath. To ensure corrosion resistance, the tempering color should then be removed.
The material 1.4435 is very suitable for welding, without the need for subsequent heat treatment. However, you should carry out passivation to ensure corrosion resistance. Hot forming with subsequent air cooling takes place between 900° and 1200° degrees Celsius. A heat treatment is possible with temperatures of 900° and 1200° degrees Celsius. This can be followed by rapid cooling in air or in a water bath.
The material 1.4435 is also known in the industry under the designations Z3CND18-14-03, 316L, S31603 and SUS316L. See the data sheet for more information. Do you have questions about the material 1.4435 or would you like to send an inquiry to our company? Then Contact MST Edelstahlrohr GmbH in Ratingen.
We do not assume any guarantee for the recommended values for temperatures and the like. Since the values can vary depending on processing and area of application.